Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My name is khan

Yes, my name too is Khan. And I am proud of it.
Karan Johar took a simple fact to the sublime and let me linger ....teary and yet bright eyed.

I agree, there is a bit of an overbite of movies on Muslims/Islam/Terrorists...etc. I enjoyed "Wednesday", as much as I enjoyed MNIK. The first time that Shah Rukh Khan turns around to state " My Name Is Khan and I am not a terrorist", brought huge tears to my eyes... Dont ask me why...it just did.

Yes, this is not a review of the movie , but a part of my introduction. Hopefully, I shall be able to articulate a bit of me in every few words / blogs I manage to write.

My name is Khan and I am here to stay  :)

2 comments:

  1. Yes! It is clear that this is Karan Johar's best effort to date. This may not be just the film of the year but in some respects thematically the film of the decade for Hindi films. Shahrukh is brilliant. Kajol has supported well. I agree with whatever you have written. This does not mean that 'Wednesday' was an inferior film. No. It was well edited and Naseeruddin is sharper than Shahrukh. Muisc in MNIK is simply superb by Shankar, Ehsaan and Loy with those Sufi tracks and all in background with no actors required to do stupid lip syncing. For me , the dialogue and the scene of the film is at the football field when Kajol asks Shahrukh to leave (painfully) and he replies in an impromptu gesture, "Mai wapas kab aaun?".. think about.. it is tearful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fudge! I am assuming that the profile pic is E's palm inter-twined in yours. The idea is magnificent and reminds me of Michelangelo.

    ReplyDelete